- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Steifvater. 3/5 stars, review.
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman. 5/5 stars, review.
- A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland. DNF.
- Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music by Nadine Hubbs. DNF.
- The Snowman by Jo Nesbø, translated by Don Bartlett. DNF.
- At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen. 4/5 stars, review to come.
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust. DNF.
- Where Am I Now? by Mara Wilson. 5/5 stars, review to come.
Books read: 4
Books DNF’d: 4
Average Rating: 4.25
- Happy Death Day  directed by Christopher B. Landon. 4/5 stars, review.
- Professor Marston & the Wonder Women  directed by Angela Robinson. 5/5 stars, review.
- The Snowman  directed by Tomas Alfredson. 1/5 stars, I was going to do a review for this but BRUNCH says everything I wanted to say better than I could, so go listen to this episode on it.
- The Sixth Sense  directed by M. Night Shyamalan. 4/5 stars, rewatch.
- Teeth  directed by Mitchell Lichtenstein. 5/5 stars, rewatch.
- The Hallow  directed by Corin Hardy. 3/5 stars.
Movies watched: 6
Average Rating: 3.67 stars
- October 2017 Releases
- The Raven Boys [review]
- Fen [review]
- Down the TBR Hole #6
- Down the TBR Hole #7
- Joe Hill Book Launch [recap]
- Down the TBR Hole #8
Reading Goal Progress:
I only read four books this month, bleh. I need to start letting myself off the hook with DNFing again because I wasted a lot of time trying to push myself through FOUR(!) other books that I ended up tossing. Anyway, that puts me at 56 books, on a goal of 50. I am 15 books ahead of schedule, and at 112% of my goal. #nice
For those of you don’t know, November is National Novel Writing Month. Essentially, the goal is to write a 50,000 page novel in one month. This ends up being 1,667 words per day. I’ve participated in Nanowrimo a few times, but have never finished. This year, I’m gonna play it a little differently. I intend to write 50,000 words, but I’m going to do a mix of fiction and non-fiction pieces. It’s essentially going to end up being a short story collection and/or a set of essays. I’m just going to go with the flow and try to write 50,000 pages of whatever I can by the end of November!
You can join me on the Nanowrimo website and also on Twitter, where I’ll surely be livetweeting my adventure.
Notable Posts by Others:
Personal Highlights (aka a photo dump of things I did this month):
Thanks for reading! How was October for you? Let me know in the comments. 🙂